- Are you the parent of a child with a behavioral, emotional, or mental health challenge?
- Are you the parent of a child with an intellectual or developmental disability?
- Have you successfully advocated for your child in the juvenile justice system?
- Are you the parent of a child with an IEP?
- Are you the parent of a child with a substance abuse challenge?
- Did you successfully advocate for your child to receive any special services or to improve their lives?
You May Be Qualified To Be A Family Partner!
Family Partners provide in-home peer support to other parents who are facing similar parenting challenges throughout Essex County.
You should live in Essex County, New Jersey and be familiar with the resources available for families in Essex County. You must have excellent communication skills and your own transportation. This is a part-time position, working about 20 hours per week or less.
Family Support Organization of Essex County is a family-led 501 c (3) non-profit organization providing peer support, education and advocacy for parents of youth with emotional, behavioral, mental health and developmental challenges.
Since our founding in 2004 we have worked with thousands of parents to help them and to become stronger advocates
for their children.
We are seeking Bi-Lingual Family Partners too! Do you speak Spanish, French Creole or Portuguese?
Both Moms and Dads should apply!
The following documents need to be completely filled out and presented upon arrival on your first day. A copy of your driver’s license, insurance declaration page and an additional photo ID is also required.
W-4 Form link: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf