At Family Support Organization of Essex County we are parents who have been or are on a journey that is similar to one that you are now experiencing - raising a child with emotional, behavioral or mental health challenges or intellectual/developmental disabilities. Our goal is to educate, equip and empower parents to become effective advocates for their children and to develop the parenting, coping and resilience skills needed to have a happy, healthy and successful family.
You are not alone, We are here for you!
The word “SEA” is an easy way to remember our commitment to families.
- Support families in identifying their strengths and building on them to address their needs and goals. Our staff assists families at critical times such as when a child is newly diagnosed, accessing services, involved in treatment planning with service providers, meeting with the child-family team, or with the child-study team.
- Educate parents/caregivers of their rights, responsibilities and resources that may be available to assist them to reach their family goals. Monthly educational sessions are also offered on a variety of relevant topics.
- Advocate on behalf of the family to ensure that their needs, rights and preferences are heard and honored to the maximum extent possible. Family Support Organization of Essex County ’s board and parent leaders also advocate for improvements in the various systems that serve children and families with complex needs.
FSOEC Child Break Webinar
During the COVID-19 pandemic it's more important than ever to communicate with the children in our lives, and to empower and assist parents, grandparents and caregivers.
This FREE program covers:
- Vaping trends
- Tips for effectively talking to your students about drugs and alcohol
- Helping children manage stress
- Influence of Media and Pop Culture
- Utilizing Teachable Moments
Click here to View Webinar
Login using password: family155