East Orange Support Group
60 Evergreen Place
East Orange, NJ 07018
Wellness is being in good physical and mental health. Because mental health and physical health are linked, problems in one area can impact the other. At the same time, improving your physical health can also benefit your mental health, and vice versa. The goal of the Eight Dimensions of Wellness is to provide caregivers with the tools needed to achieve overall wellness in order to IMPROVE THEIR QUALITY OF LIFE. These are the topics that will be covered during these sessions.
- Financial: Satisfaction with current and future financial situations
- Physical: Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep
- Emotional: Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships
- Intellectual: Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills
- Occupational: Personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work
- Social: Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system
- Environmental: Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being
- Spiritual: Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills
To kick of the new year, we look forward to supporting parents in strengthening their ability to cope effectively with life and build satisfying relationships with others.
Go Back |